What’s the Difference Between 7Sisters Lit & Comp vs Our Other Guides?
- Literature & Composition courses
- Literature Study Guides
- Writing Guides
So here’s the difference between 7Sisters Lit & Comp vs Our Other Guides!
First off, you need to know that English/Language Arts should include a
- Reading and some literature analysis
- Writing (with editing or grammar)
- Public Speaking (not always included in English/Language Arts but recommended by some colleges)
Now that we’ve got that straight, let’s move on.
Here’s how 7Sisters English/Language Arts works for Literature and Writing Guides:
If your homeschool high schoolers use ONLY 7Sisters Literature Study Guides, they will cover vocabulary and reading/literature analysis. (You get some optional suggested writing prompts but no instruction in HOW to write- that’s for the Writing Guides to do.)
So, your homeschool high schoolers can specialize in a literature topic of their own interest for the year with 7Sisters’ individual Literature Study Guides OR purchase a full year’s Literature Study Guides on one topic such as:
If your homeschool high schoolers use ONLY 7Sisters Writing Guides, you get writing instruction of 4 different types, but no reading/literature analysis or vocabulary (along with rubrics for editing). The 4 types of writing include:
Writing Guides may be purchased by topic or bundled to include all the writing homeschool high schoolers need for each year.
Here’s how 7Sisters English/Language Arts works for Literature & Composition Bundles:
The idea behind the Literature & Composition bundles is to meet both of the reading/literature analysis and vocabulary and writing/editing needs for the English/Language Arts credit, one semester at a time. You will need Literature & Composition Part A (fall semester) and Part B (winter/spring semester) to get the full credit.
We offer these in all of these different options because there’s not ONE right way to homeschool:
- Some homeschool families have really strong readers who LOVE literature analysis but need some concrete writing instruction; they are great at talking about books, but not so great at writing. So they buy a Literature Study Guide bundle of their choice and a Writing Guide bundle that fits their skill level.
- Other families are tackling reading and literature analysis in a co-op or book club that chose a list of titles and those don’t fit with any of our guides. So they just purchase a Writing Bundle for their teens.
- Some families have teens who is use a different curriculum for writing, so they don’t need writing instruction, but they DO need literature analysis. So they order a Literature bundle.
- Some families want the English/Language Arts to be *boxed* in one place, so that all they need to do is move right through the curriculum with no extra work or planning. They order Literature & Composition.
There’s not ONE right way to homeschool high school! 7SistersHomeschool.com has lots of options for English/Language Arts. Your teens will develop strong skills as they use our curriculum. Download yours!