Activity Guide: Literature Activity Guide for If You Made a Million
Teach your children the value of money with this activity guide: Literature Activity Guide for If You Made a Million!
This award-winning book about money (how to earn, invest and more) an ALA Notable Book and a Horn Book Fanfare Selection. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for If You Made a Million guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for If You Made a Million is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A math lesson disguised as a picture book! Follow along as a girl learns the value of money by earning her way to a million dollars. On her journey she learns how money amounts can look different, yet have the same value. Make sure you look at the illustrations - they’re a vital part of the book!
NOTE: It is important to introduce non fiction books to children early in the reading process. By the time a student is in the upper elementary grades, most of the learning materials will be nonfiction (think math, science, social studies).
Readability Level: 3rd grade
The Elementary Literature Activity Guide for If You Made a Million by David M. Schwartz includes:
- Grammar component: present and past tense verbs
- Comprehension skills: Author’s Purpose and Sequencing, plus a Bonus Skill!
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)