Activity Guide: Literature Activity Guide for Amazing Grace
Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman is the inspiring story of a girl who has to believe in herself despite those who would discourage her. It is a story with a great message for us all! 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Amazing Grade is an inspiring family read-aloud that guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Amazing Grace is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A young girl, Grace, loves stories, and she loves to act them out. Now she wants to be Peter Pan in the school play, but her classmates tell her she can’t. Why can't she? She'll show them!
Readability Level: Late 3rd, early 4th grade
7 Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman includes:
- Comprehension skill: Characterization
- Phonics component: Various ways to write the long a sound
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
7Sisters' Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown). The guides have been vetted and approved by his second graders for years.
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)