Written to accompany American author Louisa May Alcott’s beloved 1868 story of the March family, but focusing on the ideas of American Transcendentalism that are woven through every chapter, this literature study guide by Sabrina Justison helps even male readers or those hostile to the idea of tea parties get the most out of Little Women. This guide brings an even deeper appreciation to those students who naturally love the book at first reading.
Literature study guides from 7Sisters Homeschool inspire students rather than tire them with busywork that kills the story.
Instead of attempting to examine every element of a book on the first reading, our study guides choose two or three respected literary devices and use them as a focal point.
Our guides are easy to adapt for use at an:
- Average High School
- College Prep
- Honors Level
Little Women Study Guide,
Looking at the story through the lens of American Transcendentalism, focuses on the following literary devices:
- American Transcendentalist Philosophy including:
- The Over-Soul
- The Balance of Heart and Head
- The Power of Words
The suggested writing assignments:
- build on these ideas and encourage the reader to examine examples as they appear in the story and provide support for their observation of them.
This NO-busywork study guide enriches the reading of the book for your homeschooled high school student.
Little Women Study Guide
is an EBook curriculum complete with:
- background information
- discussion questions by section
- suggested writing assignments
- NOTE: There is no answer key for this study guide. The questions all ask that students write a paragraph (or more) in response to an idea and share examples from the story to support their thoughts. Any logical, well-supported, carefully written answer is acceptable.
Click here to view an excerpt from Little Women Study Guide.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.