The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo is another of Judy Blume’s popular read-alouds for children and their families. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for is a fabulous family read-aloud that guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: Freddy Dissel is stuck as the middle child in his family, and he doesn’t like it very much. What can he do that’s special. He gets a part in the school play. Can he get attention as the Green Kangaroo?
Readability Level: second grade
7 Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Curious George by H.A. Rey includes:
- Comprehension skill: Cause & Effect
- Phonics component: short and long i words
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension skills: Drawing Conclusions, Before & After Sequencing, plus a Bonus Skill!
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
7Sisters’ Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)