This fun book teaches young learners about appreciation (it also gives kids a glimpse of “school school”. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Miss Nelson is Missing guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Miss Nelson is Missing is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A sweet teacher has the worst behaved class in school. What will she do? One day the mean substitute Viola Swamp appears. Now the kids miss Miss Nelson! Will she ever come back?
Readability Level: Beginning of 3nd grade.
7Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Miss Nelson is Missing includes:
- Phonics component: inflected endings ly, ed, ing
- Comprehension skills: Compare & Contrast, Making an Inference
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.