High School students need to practice writing for various real-world scenarios before they graduate. Excellent writing skills are not only for academic settings. A High School Guide to Professional Writing equips senior-year students (or other accomplished high school writers) for 11 types of writing commonly applied in workplace or community scenarios.
High School Guide to Professional Writing by Sabrina Justison offers 13 weeks of instruction in a step-by-step, conversational style that refuses busywork and reassures students that this school work will be of use to them in REAL LIFE after graduation.
The 11 Types of Writing covered in High School Guide to Professional Writing:
- Writing a Business Letter
- Writing a Letter of Complaint
- Writing an Organizational Newsletter (2 weeks recommended for this lesson)
- Taking and Formatting Meeting Minutes
- Writing Advertising Copy and Press Releases
- Writing a Product Review
- Writing a Book Review
- Writing a Set of How-To Instructions
- Writing a Professional Bio
- Writing an Expository Speech (2 weeks recommended for this lesson)
- Writing a Project Proposal and Abstract
Rubrics are included for grading each assignment.
Click here to view EXCERPTS from High School Guide to Professional Writing.