“Mom, please just give me a course I can actually USE in my life!” Sound familiar??
Do you want your child to be self-sufficient when he or she reaches adulthood? Do you want your student to avoid some of the financial mistakes common to our society?
7Sisters’ Financial Literacy high school curriculum is just what you need!
Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective by Sara Hibbard Hayes is designed to introduce teens to the world of personal finance through textbook instruction, online articles and videos, interactive exercises, and more! Students are encouraged to immediately apply some of the concepts they learn and are introduced to other financial topics which will become a part of their lives in just a few short years.
Included in each chapter is a focus on God-honoring attitudes and practices. Additionally, parents are given the opportunity to share their knowledge, experience, and tips on financial matters via numerous assignments throughout the book.
Why settle for Consumer Math when a Financial Literacy high school curriculum prepares your teen for LIFE?
This practical guide to understanding personal finance is easy to use, fun, and written at a college-prep level. Instructions are included to tailor the course to any of these levels: average high school, college prep, advanced, or honors.
Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective may be completed independently by a homeschooling high school teen or with parental involvement. It has also been successfully used in a classroom/group setting.
This financial literacy high school curriculum can be completed to fulfill the consumer math/financial literacy (math credit) required by some states.
Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective, a one-credit high school e-text, is downloaded via four .pdf files.
(In order to access all features of these documents, open them in Adobe Reader.)
- Two Student .pdf files:
- Textbook (including Study Sheets at the end of the chapters) and Appendix:
- Suggestions for Further Reading
- Tax Forms Appendix: Links for some tax documents and instructions for accessing attached tax documents
- Two Parent .pdf files:
- Answer Keys for Chapter Questions, Worksheets, and Tests
- Chapter Tests
The topics in the nine chapters of this Financial Literacy high school curriculum include:
- Money – The Basics
- Setting Financial Goals
- How Values Affect Goals
- S.M.A.R.T Goals
- Financial Strategy for Achieving Goals
- Limited Resources
- The Budget – Freedom within Safe Bounds
- Income and Expenses
- Keeping Your Spending on Track with Your Budget
- Saving and Investing
- The Time Value of Money
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Investments: Risks and Rewards
- Revolving and Installment Loans
- Benefits and Risks of Credit
- Amortizing Loans
- Your Credit Report and Credit Score
- Financial Institutions and the Services They Provide
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Debit Cards
- Bank Statements & Balancing Your Checkbook
- Identity Theft
- Automobile Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Renter’s/Homeowner’s Insurance
- Your Career
- Help for Choosing Your Career
- Education and Career Opportunities
- Payroll Deductions and Employee Benefits
- Christian Work Ethic
- Record Keeping
- Three Federal Income Tax Forms
- Tax Returns: Experience with Each Form
Click here to view the Table of Contents and How to Use This Book.
Click here to view an excerpt from the text.
Click here to view a sample Worksheet and Worksheet Answer Key.
Click here to view a sample Study Sheet and Test.
“Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective does a more thorough job teaching what teens need to learn about finances than do most standard Economics courses.”
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.