Curious George is an all-time favorite of many homeschool children (and adults)! 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Curious George is a fabulous family read-aloud that guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Curious George is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A young monkey named George is taken from the jungle to the big city by the man in the big yellow hat. George is very curious about life in the city, but this gets him into all kinds of mischief! Read about how George’s curiosity gets him into and out of trouble!
Readability Level: 2nd grade
7Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Curious George by H.A. Rey includes:
- Comprehension skill: Cause & Effect
- Grammar component: pronouns
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
Be sure to visit Curious George’s own website for more fun.
7Sisters’ Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.