Give your child a delight educational experience with this activity guide: Literature Activity Guide for Sunflower House!
This lyrical, beautifully-illustrated, read-aloud favorite is a powerful way to inspire your children to love nature! At the same time 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Sunflower House guides them through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills for younger elementary students.
The Literature Activity Guide for Sunflower House by Eve Bunting is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A young boy plants a circle of sunflowers which become a house, a castle, a cage! He and his friends find all kinds of enjoyment from them. The summer of the sunflower, told in rhyme, is enchanting, delightful, and informative!
Readability Level: 2nd grade
The Literature Activity Guide for Sunflower House includes:
- Phonics component: various ways to write the long e sound
- Comprehension skills: Fact vs. Opinion, and Author’s Purpose
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.