Just in Time For Christmas by Louise Borden is a precious read-aloud that helps elementary children learn the value of family traditions. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Just in Time for Christmas guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Just in Time for Christmas is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: The Bryan family gathers to make cream candy for Christmas as they have done for 100 years. What has happened to the family dog, Luke? Will he come back in time for Christmas? Join the Bryans as they revive holiday traditions at the family homestead.
Readability Level: middle to end of 2nd grade
7Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Just in Time for Christmas includes:
- Comprehension skill: Sequencing, Setting, Character Development
- Phonics component: -r controlled vowels: ar and or
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
7Sisters’ Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)