This week on The Homeschool Highschool Podcast Episode 51: Teens Who Don’t Have a Clue! This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Episode 51: Teens Who Don’t Have a Clue
Many homeschool highschoolers don’t have a clue what they should do after they graduate!
How can you help your *clueless* teens discover realistic career possibilities? How can you help them understand themselves and explore options that are open to them?
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for a fun and useful discussion of Career Exploration with Teens Who Don’t Have a Clue! Your Sisters are experts in helping teens find their next steps:
- Vicki is a veteran career coach (20+ years coaching homeschool high schoolers)
- Kym is a career exploration teacher with local homeschool teens
- Sabrina is a popular mentor with local homeschool teens
They discuss that clueless teens need for Career Exploration. Being clueless isn’t a bad thing, actually. Teens who don’t have any idea have the opportunity to enjoy the entire Career Exploration process.
The basics of Career Exploration are:
- Understanding God’s work in their lives so far
- Understanding their gifts, talents and skills
- Understanding how their experiences guide them
- Understanding their interests
- Understanding their career values
- Find an internship or apprenticeship
- Put things together
- Keep working on new ideas until they feel they have a solid direction
- Most of all: PRAY!
One piece of good news is that 7Sisters has already done the work of pulling together the basics in our comprehensive Career Exploration Bundle. This user-friendly course guides homeschool high schoolers step-by-step through the Career Exploration process…and the price is friendly, too! This popular course has been vetted by homeschooling teens for years and has helped many clueless teens get their Career footing beneath them. Download a copy for your homeschool high schooler.
Listen in and also enjoy these helpful posts: