This week on Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 91: Good News about Mom-Fails! This post is running concurrently on The Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Ever feel like a failure? Or maybe just have one of those memorable *mom-fail* moments?
That’s one thing about being a homeschool mom: We are just human. Humans fail!
If you think you’ve sometimes blown it, listen to Sabrina, Vicki and Kym’s mom-fails:
- Sabrina’s famous strawberry jam failure…
- Vicki’s failure to teach weather safety…
- Kym’s crying at the wrong child’s graduation…
- Vicki’s leaving 10 teens on the metro platform in Washington DC…
In this episode, we share encouragement… and quotes… and soundbites to help you feel better about your mom-fails!
- Kym’s goal of having her kids experience different fails than her parents’ failures.
- Vicki’s reminder that motherhood is all about guilt!
- And so much more!
We ask the hard-hitting question: Why is it so hard to forgive ourselves for our failures?
Is it because:
- We are forgetting that only God is perfect
Kym helps us remember Angie Smith’s saying: We need to need God in front of our kids rather than being God for our kids.
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym as they encourage you with thoughts about these questions.
- How can we recover from failures?
- How can we talk to ourselves about our failures?
- How can we admit our faults and obey God in forgiveness?
- How can we not take ourselves too seriously?
Remember, as Sabrina says, “Failure is not a destination, it is simply a rock that we trip over while on the journey.”
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for lots of encouragement for homeschool mom-fails! In the meantime, check out these posts: