This week on Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 88: Handling Grief and How to Help with Connie Stults. This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Join us for this precious interview with our good friend, Connie Stults of The Daisyhead. Connie shares her courageous story of her battle with a rare thyroid cancer and her healing, followed soon by the tragic news that her husband had a terminal brain tumor. Learn how she and her kids pulled together for the last 4 months of her husband’s life and ways you can help other families who are experiencing grief and trauma.
But this episode is NOT a downer! Connie, who is a born optimist, shares tips and encouragement on handling grief and trauma and how to help:
- Her story
- How to talk to kids in difficult times
- What to do for a grieving family, especially PRACTICAL ideas!
- What to say to a grieving child
- How to act around a widow
- How to talk to a widow
- Know that children respond to things in the way their parents respond to them
- Remember to tell the children about the pending grief that no matter what happens that God has not dropped them
- What it is like to be a widow
- Sometimes you might make a mistake in something you say but remember not to avoid
- A good book to read: Just Show Up by Kara Tippetts
- Gentle ways to help during the holidays
Join Connie, Vicki and Kym for a meaningful discussion. In the meantime, be sure to check out these important posts on trauma and grief by Connie.
Also, you will be blessed by our friend, Lisa’s prayer journal:
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 88: Handling Grief and How to Help with Connie Stults