This week on Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 140: History of Vikings Podcast Interview with Noah Tetzner. This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 140: History of Vikings Podcast Interview with Noah Tetzner
You don’t want to miss this episode with Vicki and a special guest. We love to chat with homeschoolers who are making the most of homeschooling high school! This interview with The History of Vikings Podcast’s Noah Tetzner is a great example!
The History of Vikings Podcast is popular podcast, making it to iTune’s *New and Noteworthy* recognition with 100 reviews.
Noah is 17 years old, he homeschooled for his whole like (with a brief 2 years in traditional school, which he found wasn’t the best use of his time). He’s now a junior-year homeschooler. Noah’s mom has given Noah and his siblings lots of the common homeschool experiences: co-op, exploring interests, developing skills, personal development. Noah says that his mom listens to his input in his educational process.
The History of Vikings Podcast is a popular Viking age or Norse related experts. He has interviewed experts from Oxford and other universities. Really! A homeschool high schooler interviewing Oxford, Harvard and Yale professors.
Each episode has real, expert information on topic like:
- Viking armor
- Viking militaristic detatils
- Viking lifestyle
- Viking language
- Roles of women in Viking culture
- Influence of Norse mythology on J.R.R. Tolkien’s writing
Noah was willing to contact these experts because he loves history and wants to share his love of history with his friends. He knew that podcasts are a fun way to learn as opposed to simply reading books.
Noah loves podcasts and listens to many of them. He noticed there wasn’t a podcast on Vikings that shared information from actual experts. So he decided to start his own. He learned about (and is earning homeschool high school transcript credit for, by the way):
- Recording process and technology
Noah credits homeschooling for help in getting the courage to invite world-renowned experts for the podcast. As a homeschooler, he was comfortable with talking to all ages and types of people. He also credits his parent for believing in him and investing in his interests.
Noah is blessing anyone interested in Vikings, building a powerful transcript, and having irreplaceable life experiences.
- Viking fun-facts from Noah:
- Vikings valued personal hygiene and bathed each week at least
- Vikings traded around the world, even trading with the Byzantines
- They didn’t wear horned helmets
Homeschool moms and teens: Listen to The History of Vikings podcast with Noah Tetzner. You’re going to love it!
You’ll also love his YouTube channel with companion videos for the podcast: The History of Vikings YouTube.
Want some ideas for ways to turn Viking studies into a homeschool transcript credit?
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO HSHSP VIA COMPUTER
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our Homeschool Highschool Podcast logo, click on View in iTunes
- This will take you to iTunes and our own podcast page.
- Click SUBSCRIBE.
- Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. (Please take a minute and do this. It helps others find us. Thanks!)
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE VIA iPHONE
- Tap the purple Podcast icon on your phone
- Tap the search icon on the bottom-right of your screen
- In the search bar type: Homeschool Highschool Podcast
- Tap the Homeschool Highschool Podcast icon
- Tap *Subscribe*
- Please tap *Ratings and Review* and give us some stars and a comment to help others find us more easily.