Homeschool High School Mid-Year Checkup
Homeschool high school mid-year checkups come at different times to different families. But they do (or should) come. Here are 10 things to check on:
- How are the core academics coming along? Just as you had planned? Oh my goodness, we’ll never finish? We’ve been avoiding it because we HATE the curriculum? If your teens HATE the curriculum, it’s time to ditch it! Try something new, detox from the stuffy, overly busy work curriculum. Do something inspirational like 7Sisters’ level-able, no-busywork, fun World Literature!
- How are the log sheets for elective courses coming along? Need to get out a calendar and do some reconstructing? If so, do it now or it will be a nightmare at the end of the year.
- How are the extracurriculars coming? Are you documenting all the awesome things your homeschool high schooler is doing? Remember: KEEP YOUR PAPER TRAILS!
- How are your homeschool high schoolers doing on their service hours? Do they need to bulk up?
- How bored are your teens? Do they need to take a week and do something awesome? Some cool project, research, or field trips?
- How behind are your teens? If they are behind, download our FREEBIE: Scheduling Backwards. (It changed MY life.)
- Do you need to take a couple of weeks and just concentrate on their annual research paper? (Here’s our FREEBIE for absolute novices or download a no-busywork, you-can-do-it MLA or APA research paper writing guide.)
- Are you keeping a Master Portfolio? If so, is it updated? You’ll be happier at the end of the year if you update now! If you just save your documents year-to-year, mid-year is a great time to update.
- NO Fine Arts yet? Oh no! Download our FREEBIE: A Quick and Easy Fine Arts Credit and visit our buddy, Gena’s Music in Our Homeschool website for lots of ideas. OR get a drama going on in your co-op!
Take a day or two and get re-organized but DON’T fret or get upset! Mid-year checkups are only there to help you and your homeschool stay in shape! You’ll do great.