Here are some elementary titles that make great read-alouds for young kids not yet reading on their own who love drama, or young independent readers who need to build reading skills without boring busywork.
Elementary Read-alouds for Kids Who Love Drama
Read-alouds are good for the whole family, especially young elementary school kids! Homeschool families will be blessed by a quality read-aloud and more blessed by the accompanying REAL book. Here are 2 of our favorite read-alouds for young children who are not yet ready to read on their own, with accompanying literature activity guides to help your children avoid boredom and learn to be great readers who love to read. If your child IS reading independently but needs to build reading skills without busywork, try these titles and activity guides as a read-together adventure.
Do you have a child who loves to pretend? Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman and The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo by Judy Blume both feature children who take their pretending to the next level.
- The title character in Amazing Grace loves stories; she loves to read them; she loves to hear them; she loves to act them out. This serves to encourage young readers.
- Grace wants to play the part of Peter Pan in her school production, but her fellow classmates don’t believe she fits the role. With the encouragement of her family and perseverance on her part, she proves them wrong.
- 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Amazing Grace is a developmentally-appropriate comprehension and activity guide that helps elementary homeschoolers learn reading and research skills in a toally FUN way. Download your copy today!
The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo
- The lead character in The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo, Freddy, also loves to pretend.
- What he doesn’t love is being the middle child. He longs for the attention he sees his siblings receiving. His part in the school play (a green kangaroo) lands him in the limelight.
- 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo is another of our fun, developmentally-appropriate learning tools. These delightful guides strengthen learning skills in reading, comprehension, and research! Download your copy today!
When kids are inspired AND ready to explore the world of drama, they are ready for 7Sisters Literature Activity Guides!