In honor of our annual Baking Day with Kym Smythe and her kids (we baked on Wednesday this year), here is my classic post: a silly ode to Christmas baking with Jonah, my youngest. Merry Christmas, everybody!
Homeschool Christmas Poem
- Our Lifepac science lesson beckons, but I hear the call
- Of snickerdoodles, lemon squares, and chocolate chips for all.
- You need to learn Earth Science, son, and I would teach you well,
- But Christmas is four days away, and cookies sure taste swell.
- We have to fill your brain, indeed, and make you mighty smart,
- But homeschool tummies also growl, and I still have a heart.
- So lay your pencil down, my child, and lift a spoon instead,
- And help me bake some cookies and some moist banana bread.
- We’ll bake with friends and we will make some memories as well,
- And when you’re old and gray you’ll have sweet stories, yours to tell.
- Our homeschool’s here to train your brain but also feed your soul
- So ditch the schoolwork, wash your hands, and help me scrape this bowl!
You and your teens can have some fun writing your own poetry with 7 Sisters Poetry Writing Guides. Check them out!
And here’s my vlog on not fearing poetry!