High School Literature & Composition 1A: Introduction to High School Literature & Composition Part A
Your homeschooling high schoolers should build their confidence in their literature & composition skills. If they have not had much experience with literature guides and high school-level writing, Introduction to High School Literature & Composition: Part A is a great place to start!
This one-semester guide (easily followed the second semester by Introduction to High School Literature & Composition: Part B), will guide your high schooler to solid language arts skills.
The literature & composition guides included in this downloadable text will inform and inspire your homeschooling high schoolers without boring or burdening them with busywork.
Literature guides contain brief background information, important literature terms and themes, vocabulary and comprehension questions; NEVER enough to kill your teens' enjoyment of the book.
Composition guides contain concise 15 minute daily lessons that teach half of the writing skills needed in first year high school (or advanced 8th graders). The lessons contain brief information and instruction and assignments. Rubrics for grading are included.
Both the literature guides and the writing guides are good for self-instruction, as well as family or co-op classes.
Included in this curriculum are two composition guides and five literature guides (these are also found individually in the 7 Sisters store):
- Introduction to Short Story Writing: Family Narrative (Easy introduction to story writing that helps students take favorite family tales and turn them into a short story. This is a useful skill that helps build word-usage and imagination skills that will build great writing skills for the serious papers your homeschooler needs to write this year.)
- Introductory Guide to High School Essay Writing (Non-threatening introduction to several forms of the five-paragraph essay needed by many homeschoolers for their language arts credit.)
Also included are five literature study guides to accompany the reading of:
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (high school level background information, vocabulary, and comprehension questions on theology, philosophy, and the story)
- Anne of Green Gables (high school level background information, vocabulary, and comprehension questions)
- God's Smuggler (compelling story of Brother Andrew, who smuggled Bibles into the Iron Curtain countries during the Cold War)
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (classic novel of choices between good and evil)
- Cry, the Beloved Country (important story of life in apartheid-era South Africa)
Give your homeschooling high schooler some non-threatening but powerful tools for literature reading and writing. Download Introduction to High School Literature & Composition: Part A today!
Click here to view an excerpt from Introduction to High School Literature & Composition: Part A.