Activity Guide: You Are Special Literature Activity Guide
You Are Special is a best-selling story by Max Lucado that teaches children about their value in God's eyes. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide forYou Are Special is a fabulous family read-aloud that guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for You Are Special is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: In the Wemmick village, all the little wooden people give each other stars for approval or gray dots for disapproval. Punchinello gets no stars, only dots. This makes him feel bad until he meets Lucia; nothing sticks to her! She sends him to see the woodworker, Eli – he made all the Wemmicks. Eli has some pretty interesting things to say to Punchinello.
Readability Level: late 3rd grade/early 4th grade
7 Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Curious George by H.A. Rey includes:
- Comprehension skill: Cause & Effect
- Grammar component: r-controlled vowels
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
7Sisters' Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
Borrow Max Lucado's You Are Special from your local library or click here to purchase a copy from Amazon.