Worried you’ll miss something? Plugging the Holes in the Homeschool Transcript
Homeschooling high school years are the best years of all! So, don’t fret away the years wishin’
that your teens have enough on their homeschool transcripts. Here’s some wise advice form your 7Sistersfor plugging the holes in the homeschool transcript:
Do your research!
- Check state requirements for graduation. You can check your state Department of Education or local homeschool support group.
- Check local college requirements for admission. Also check a few Christian or private colleges for comparison.
- Check your local umbrella school or accountability organization for their specific requirements.
- Compare to the list that has helped hundreds of homeschoolers earn college admissions over the years.
Basic homeschool transcript requirements:
- 26 credits minimum
- 4 Language Arts
- 4 Maths (Algebra I and II, Geometry, Financial Literacy and higher maths if necessary)
- 4 Social Studies (American, World, .5 each: Civics, Economics, Geography, Social Science or Elective History)
- 4 Sciences (Biology/labs, Chemistry/labs, Health, Elective. For STEM students 2 higher-level Sciences)
- 2 or 3 World Languages
- 1 Fine Arts
- 1 or 2 Phys Eds
- 1 Technology
- 1-3 Career Pathways or Career Exploration Electives
- Life Preparation (a new one in our area .5)
- Electives to fill out the transcript
- List of extracurriculars that required extended involvement.
- SAT or ACT scores, where needed
- # of service hours
- Awards or competitions
Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t be! This is FUN! Here’s some more WISE advice:
- Remember that there’s not ONE right way to homeschool! (If someone tells you otherwise, feel sorry for them.)
- Take our AFFORDABLE, quick, easy, online course for parents that includes video and resources: Homeschool High School- You CAN Do It!
- Listen each week to The Homeschool Highschool Podcast! Sabrina, Kym and Vicki share LOTS of advice and resources to help you enjoy the homeschool high school adventure!
7Sisters’ e-curriculum was developed for filling the gap in homeschool high school transcripts, especially in a FUN, no-busywork way. Our texts are level-able to various abilities and interests and have been
helping teens get into college or their chosen careers for almost two decades. Download the texts YOUR TEENS needs to fill the gaps in their transcripts.
Have fun with homeschooling high school!
Plugging the Holes in the Homeschool Transcript