Here are 5 ways to log public speaking hours for homeschool transcript.
5 Ways to Log Public Speaking Hours for Homeschool Transcript
- The dinner blessing at major family events (more than only the nuclear family attending). This is a great choice for shy 9th graders.
- Church Christmas play. Another great choice for 9th graders. Then, they often get hooked on drama and join other drama productions.
- Local speech competitions. American Legion, English Speaking Union, Poetry Outloud, ASCI competitions (our regional ACSI organization allowed our umbrella school to compete), and more.
- Debate Team. Some of our teens loved this, some not. A few of the kids went on to college debate/forensics teams.
- Homeschool Rhetoric League. My adult kids have all told me that Rhetoric League was the best thing they did in high school- maybe not their favorite- but the skills they learned have been important all through college and career. The activities in 7Sisters Speech curriculum are the exact activities we did in Rhetoric League.
- Gave a presentation recapping the childcare work she provided that year for the children of the ladies in a weekly Bible study group
- As captain of her swim team, she gave a short presentation speech at the year-end party thanking the coaches while giving them a gift from the team
- Gave a year-in-review speech about our church’s teen group to the congregation during a service